Halloween Adventures

Happy Halloween 👻👽

Halloween started at the local Mexican restaurant down the road for me this year. Morgan and I drove over to La Fiesta ordered two burritos and some chips and salsa. After that we drove over and filled her gas tank up, because Orange County is starting to charge a gas tax tomorrow. Which means all the gas stations will raise their prices $0.20 a gallon to fix all the roads. Everything is so expensive here, I have only seen one movie in the almost 5 months I've been here! Moving back to Utah will be a blessing in a number of ways! 

Morgan had work after dinner so we could not hang out to much longer. But, Taylor and I went and had an adventurous night. We drove around for about an hour and a half. We drove past the Newport Temple. Went to Fashion Island and then down the road to Balboa Island. There were so many kids and adults in costumes on the island and the traffic was crazy. We decided to get out of there and go get shakes, then watch a movie at her house. We went to Ruby's diner for shakes and chicken fingers. While we were walking in, a hobo lady started yelling at us. It was really weird, pretty sure she was very high on some drugs. We did not want to go out of the restaurant alone, so we waited till another family left the restaurant. There were only about four other people in the whole restaurant at the time. But we were able to leave and the crazy lady was not there. Thank goodness!! 


⇈ I planned on take better pictures of the signs at Ruby's Diner, but the crazy lady prevented me for getting any other pictures. Unfortunately, I only got this picture that did not even turn out that good. I wanted to include it anyways though! 


⇈ Here is a picture at Taylor's house. I wanted to at least post one semi good picture from my Halloween night. These are the lights above the counter and I thought they were very cool looking! 

⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝⃝

Working in a call center really teaches me how to handle rude people, and that you just have to let things roll off sometimes. I always say in the office "If you don't know them personally, don't take it personal." Sometimes even though you aren't talking to them in person it can be really tough to stay strong. But I put up a defensive wall and don't show any emotion and soon the situation will be over. I read a quote online and I think this can be tied to any situation in which a person is being rude. 

"You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you. True power is sitting back and observing everything with logic. Power is restraint. If words control you that means everyone else can control you. Breath and allow things to pass." 

Comments

Popular Posts